Wednesday 31 July 2013

Pile on the layers!

Sunset Spectrum


Browsing through Flickr, I came across this images and it caught my eye. At first glance on my screen I thought it was a painting of some sort of the clouds. Upon clicking on the enlarged picture I was surprised to find that it was actually an image. The clouds make it seem like the image is a painting its lines and strokes. It just looks amazing. I feel like the optical illusion worked on me.

Upon further research, I wondered how the images were created and I found my answer on the artist's page. He took over 200 shots of the same scenery with a time-lapse and then he compiles them together with the layering and blending technique on Photoshop. I was shocked at how easy the images took to compile and it amazed me to see that the techniques can be utilized to create astonishing images like these.
I would definitely try this technique the next time and I'll sure to try and create wonderful images like these.

By Matt Maloy
(A photographer who has been sharing his inspiring and awesome photographs since 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment