Monday 29 July 2013

Scribble away.






While browsing through a site, I came across these pictures and I was inclined to click on it. Lo and behold, I found these wonderful illustrations by a Malaysian Artist called Vince Low. This post is mostly inspired by the fundamental classes we had last week where we had to use lines to create images. I was awed by the illustrations as the strokes and lines looks wonderful. It amazes me how just different strokes and lines can form such a detailed image and that makes me appreciate the lessons taught earlier a bit more. There are so many ways for lines to be used in an illustration and just by looking at these I realized that even scribbles can make a detailed image.






Vince Low is an artist and illustrator from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In a recent personal project entitled Faces, he uses hundreds of scribble lines to create detailed portraits of famous celebrities. The works are fascinating to study to me, with a very clear and detailed portrait emerging from a chaotic series of scribbled lines both large and small. Looking through it all inspires me to be more creative with my lines. Lines are not just structured and straight. Different lines emit different emotions and looking and this made me understand the concept a little bit more.




No comments:

Post a Comment